Footie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fred pushing for Lyon exit

Go down

Fred pushing for Lyon exit Empty Fred pushing for Lyon exit

Post by Oliver Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:56 am

The Brazil international wants his contract, which expires at the end of the season, to be cancelled by club president Jean-Michel Aulas so he can secure a move in the January transfer window.

Fred has played second fiddle to chief striker Karim Benzema at Lyon for the past couple of seasons and made a similar request to quit Les Gones a year ago.

"As I am not playing, I have asked the president to terminate my contract," he told radio station RTL.

"I am aiming to play in the 2010 World Cup. I need to play, to score goals and I think it is difficult to do that here at Lyon.

"Even if I received a very good offer (from Lyon) financially, money is not everything in life.

"I need to play football. That is what makes me happy."

Marseille are believed to be interested in signing Fred, although they have been linked with a host of strikers ahead of January.

The Brazilian is likely to return to his native country, at least until the end of the season.

"At this moment, I am thinking of leaving for Brazil and staying over there for six months or a year."

Fred was linked with a move to Tottenham or Paris St Germain last January, but opted to stay at Lyon to fight for his place in the team after a transfer failed to materialise.

The 25-year-old lost his slot up front for Les Gones at the start of last season because of injury and the superb form of France international Benzema and has been unable to force his way back into the team on a regular basis.

Oliver
Admin

https://footie.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Fred pushing for Lyon exit Empty Re: Fred pushing for Lyon exit

Post by Oliver Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:57 am

Fred is a amazing player, and he deserves to play every game, and im glad he wants to leave, I think Spurs will want to get him because they havent got a striker with that capability. It will be nice to see him in the Prem

Oliver
Admin

https://footie.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum