Footie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strachan plays down McGeady row

Go down

Strachan plays down McGeady row Empty Strachan plays down McGeady row

Post by Oliver Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:52 am

The 22-year-old Republic of Ireland star was excluded from training with the first team for two weeks and fined two weeks' wages after a dressing-room bust-up with Strachan following last Saturday's 1-1 SPL draw with Hearts.

McGeady, who was "shocked" by the severity of the punishment, intends to appeal the decision which will ensure the saga rumbles on well into the New Year unless the player is sold in the January transfer window.

McGeady's plight has dominated Scottish football this week but Strachan began his weekly press conference ahead of Sunday's trip to Falkirk mainly sticking to the club's official position on the issue.

"For you it was the story of the week," he said. "It's different for me.

"But I will take you back to Tuesday when we made the statement.

"Nothing has changed from then and that's it as far as I'm concerned.

"The statement is self-explanatory and that is all we have to say at this moment in time."

However, asked if he had endured his most challenging week at Celtic in the three-and-half seasons he has been in charge of the club, the Hoops boss, who confirmed that McGeady had been using the training facilities at Lennoxtown, replied: "Far from it, I can assure you.

"There have been far, far, far, far - and I can keep going with these 'fars' for a long time - worse weeks than this. Trust me. Far more.

"I will tell you what had been good this week - training, and today was outstanding. Outstanding.

"The players were very receptive and a real joy to work with. In fact it was inspiring for the coaches.

"The coaches were wet and a bit cold but warm from the fact that the training has been that good.

"The players have been an absolute joy to work with this week, although they are a joy to work with all the time.

"They have been busy, they have visited the hospitals and we have had good feedback from that, so they have done their good deeds."

Oliver
Admin

https://footie.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Strachan plays down McGeady row Empty Re: Strachan plays down McGeady row

Post by Oliver Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:54 am

What the player should do is go in January before any more bigger worser things happen, because this situation may affect the other members of the team, and Celtic dont want that

Oliver
Admin

https://footie.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum